Wednesday 23 November 2011

Day2: Budget fashion in Patna

Taking the "fashion at its best in small towns" to a level further and adding the new feature "budget fashion" to it.
The other day I went around the city with my teenage niece,a chirpy young and beautiful girl, and a college student by occupation. She is a perfect guide if you are out for street shopping, scouring those hidden treasures in the nook and corners, tracing down the narrow lanes.
First we went to a small shady shop 'Ladies zone' put up on crowded Boring road. It is a shop you would never try giving a sort unless you have someone with you who knows it's real worth :)
They stack a complete range of footwear from slip-ons to canvas, from kolhapuris to fancy stilettos,...everything!  though I was not too amused with those tacky stilettos with cheap diamante` pasted over to the sides or to the toes. However, I did find a few eccentric pairs that I would like to incorporate in my wardrobe, and certain they would give an edge to my look :)
So, here..take a look at my findings....and would love to know if you think the same? ;-)

                                                         A white stilettos: 300/-
(Not a bad option if I were a student at Patna women's college and had to run for an impromptu socials at college)            


Pointed toe ballerina: 250/-
(Would love the pair had I had to make daily trips to local bazaar with my gang post college)


Hint of leopard print wedges: 320/-
(Loved the nude shade, a do-able substitute (quite reluctantly!)for those aldo patent wedges in nude)



Black & Pink wedges: 300/-
(Now this one is my fav....and I also ended up picking the pair...loved the eccentric look,it had mid-heel wedges.It has a pink wedge...it's good to pair with a simple outfit...even better with a black one)


Another view of my fav pick from the store: Ladies Zone!


A pair of strap wedges: 340/-
(I bought this one too, it has a mid-heel wedge and a smart strap design that criss-crosses over the feet, and another strap that goes round the ankle...it has a zip at the back)


A more closer look!

I understand that these are not the best pair of shoes one can have, but I must remind my readers I am talking fashion in Patna :-D, we have to do with what's best available here. 
Thanks for reading it!! :)

P.S. Please excuse me for the bad picture quality, I am managing with my sony cybershot. 

1 comment: